Sunday, March 13, 2011

OMG...gas is outta control

So I filled my tank up yesterday and it cost me a whopping $51.00!!! That's outrageous. I do not have a SUV and I used regular gas. My car is a 98 Honda Accord and should not cost me $51 to fill up. I'm officially considering gas a luxury item.

After I filled my gas tank up I took a trip to Target. I had to get some odds and ends but since it's Target, of course I browsed the aisle. I saw two pairs of shoes ready and waiting for me to purchased BUT because I was scarred from my $51 gas purchased I didn't purchase the shoes. Those two pair of shoes from Target equaled $38. How sick is that???? I could have gotten two pairs of shoes with change left over for one full tank of gas. The problem is gas is a must. Of course I could take the bus but it takes too long and it can be a little dangerous and a lot of germs. Typically my car trips are quick...15 minutes or less.

Gas just isn't fair. You can't return it and you can't negotiate a discount. There isn't a GasRack, TJGas, or Gasoline Basement where you can search the racks for name brand gas at a discounted price. There's APPS that allow you to search for the cheapest gas in your area but typically it's only $.01-$.03 difference. By the time you go to the "cheaper" gas station you've used your discount during your travel time.

But alas there is a little reprieve. Giants & Shell. If you have a Giant card you can use your card at Shell gas stations. I did this and got a whopping $.40 a gallon off my gas. It was like Christmas in February. It was short lived though. I share my card with two family members who stay on the road so I forfeit points to them. With gas prices the way they are that should qualify me for wings and the pearly gate...IMJ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment