Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday



Shop til you drop! Not for me, not this year. For the past 5 or so years my sister and I hit the stores on black Friday. Elbowing strangers and sneaking hands in to grab that 4am deal. This year, me and my sister opted out of the mess.

Of course, the budget has something to do with my lack of enthusiasm but more importantly I'm a member of a family who's pretty satisfied with what we have. Sure there are things that we want but we're not in need of anything. I remember fighting my way through the crowd last year to leave with items that were not on any special sale. I think I'm finally losing my zest for shopping BUT wait there's more.

I didn't go out but I did hold my remote! Ahhh yes!!! My new pleasure! HSN and QVC!!!! I remember when I was kid, maybe 11 or 12, and my aunt had a house filled with home shopping treats. Boxes were everywhere! She didn't even know what she purchased. Junk jewelry for everyone. Most people compare my shopping habits with my Aunt but HSN and QVC are now high quality retailers.


Emeril, Wolf Gang Puck, Mariah Carey, Iman, Serena Williams, NFL are just a few of the brands they carry. Once you add flexpay to the equation it's a done deal. Where else can you buy a Keurig for $99 with free shipping and 5 easy flexpayments of $19.99??? That's right no where. So "eff" the malls, grab your remote, and buy you and your family some Iman Global Chic faux fur shoes with matching jean jacket and purse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment