Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Suited up and ready to go...NOT

So yesterday I participated in panel discussion for entrepreneurs. It went well. I told my story and answered questions. There were a total of four of us on the panel two were suited...I wasn't one of the two. I didn't wear jeans and I actually had on a blazer but it was a far cry from a suit. I'm sure you've realized by now that it doesn't take much to get me fired up. SO one the suits, who was also a graphic designer, bragged about his design business and mentioned hiring someone. The thing that pissed me off was he nudged me when he talked about hiring someone. UMMMM excuse me Mr. Suit...I'm up here just like you are. I don't need your job!

Does a suit really validate your level of professionalism? As a graphic designer I understand first impressions. I looked professional. I didn't look boring but I don't even own a suit. They don't fit my personality. I don't like "matching" and I've never felt comfortable in a suit. Everyone always says you should own at least one suit. I don't think so. If you're not comfortable, it will show, and you will bomb out. That dude was smelling himself too much anyway and when I checked his website I was far from impressed. Hire me my ass....what about me hiring you Mr. Suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment