Monday, November 22, 2010

I got the "itis"

Nope not tonsillitis, hepatitis or any other viral ailment but Senioritis. I haven't had senioritis since 1999, when I graduated from Clark Atlanta University. This is my LAST semester at Univ. of Baltimore and I can not wait!

Unlike most proud graduates I will NOT be participating in my graduation ceremony. Why not, you ask. I HATE GRADUATIONS. They are sooooo boring and impersonal and they also cost money. You need to buy the robe, hat, tassle, invites, notifications, etc. After paying $00,000.00 for the last three years you would think those accessories would be included in my tuition.

I am also thankful that I have a family saturated with graduates. Just a few years ago we had four graduates in the same year! A ceremony doesn't make me or my family less proud of me it just eliminates a few hours of useless celebration where they'll have to patiently await for their opportunity to yell my name for 3 seconds.

Geesh I'm cynical!

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog! I totally agree with u. Very witty 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Akesha. The invitations and stuff are included in your graduation fee. I hope you picked them up. And you could have borrowed my cap and gown. Girl, it is just sitting in my closet since May 16. Haha.

    I really did enjoy commencement though. Stephanie hooded me. And it was surprisingly short, and that was spring. The winter one would probably be an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope I surely didn't. I got some packet in the mail and there was a cost for everything so that sealed the deal. I guess I missed the free stuff. I'm probably the only Pub student graduating anyway. I'll pass!

    ReplyDelete