Monday, September 27, 2010

I share too much information

So at first I wanted to talk about weird college courses and when I found the article I immediately post it on Facebook, along with the other blogs I wrote and what I did earlier this morning. Then I thought to myself who the hell cares and why do I want to share. It's no ones business what I'm doing in my classes. They're not giving me a grade and I'm 99% sure they won't even read the damn thing.

Social networking is narcissism in its purest form because everyone does it! It doesn't just take the role of celebrities but kids, adults, grannies, companies, activist etc. You're dammed if you have a page and post nothing and you're dammed if you have a page and post everything. I have over 100 photos of myself posted on facebook...I know I'm cute but geesh that's a lot.

As Americans we defend and try to protect our privacy as much as possible but turn around and share everything on Facebook! I don't think I've gone one day without checking my Facebook status. Maybe when I was on a cruise and couldn't but it's become part of my daily routine just like showering and eating. My name is Akesha and I'm a narcissist!

No comments:

Post a Comment