Monday, October 18, 2010

Football Football Football

So yesterday we (RAVENS) took a "L" and I have a few a comments about how we got that "L"...surprise surprise surprise.Well first of all I wasn't too surprised that we lost. No that doesn't mean that I'm one of those "Brady is the best" or "NE is untouchable" fans. But I do consider mental and emotional factors when it comes to football.

Factor 1: NE was home
Factor 2: NE needed to vindicate from that playoff game
Factor 3: Brady was quite annoyed with Lewis' referee comments
Factor 4: NE was just coming off a Bye

Now back to the Ravens. I wasn't happy with our defense or offense but we're going to concentrate on the offense today. I like Flacco. I don't think he's a great QB but he does have potential. My issue with the offense comes from the lack of confidence. I still can't wrap my head around the decision to punt the ball with 4th and inches??? If that doesn't send a negative message to your offensive line than what does...oh wait I have an answer...punting at 4th and one! Give me a break. Flacco isn't Peyton Manning but he also isn't Kyle Boller. Are you telling me that at 6'6" Flacco couldn't put in a QB sneak for a first down. Did NE defense scare us? Another problem I have, which shows lack of confidence, and this lies with Flacco and the coaching and that's independence.

It is clear that Flacco only does what he's told...no more, no less. If the play calls to pass to Boldin than he passes to Boldin regardless of who is in a better position. Flacco needs to know where his receivers are and not just the receiver who is expected in the play. He is spending too much waiting for the receiver to become open and not surveying the field. He's holding the ball too much which is causing him to just toss the ball to Rice whose not able to pick up enough yards in the time allotted.

We need to use our weapons: Yesterday we heard T.J. once and McGahee never...this shouldn't happen. Our offense is becoming predictable. We have a fantastic offensive roster that we need to take advantage of. Flacco connects with one receiver and sticks with it. Although Branch was a former Patriot, Brady was able to use him as if he's been there all along.

Switch up the play: If I see one more toss to Rice as he runs for 3 yards I will scream. Can I get a pump fake, a screen pass...something beyond a toss.

There's no reason we shouldn't win against Buffalo but we can't take any team for granted. Let's go RAVENS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment